how to get 4k video files on to a blu ray disc?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tm0000, Oct 1, 2016.

1. tm0000 macrumors regular

So, I have quite a few 4k video files of my kids, taken with my iphone. I was wondering if someone could tell me, What is the best way to burn these video files on to a blu ray disc, using my MBP? I want to be able to play the blu ray disc on a blu ray player. Also, I'd like to keep the original quality of the video files.. I'd like to prevent re encoding.

Thanks in advance!

2. itsray macrumors 6502

unless you've installed your own blu ray drive in your mbp or have an external blu ray drive then theres no way, the optical drives in macs all came with only the ability to burn to a regular dvd.

3. tm0000 thread starter macrumors regular

I do have an external blu ray burner. What I'm asking is, What software can I use to burn the 4k videos to a blu ray disc? I tried roxio toast 15, but it re encodes all my video files. I don't want the files to be re encoded, I just want to multiplex and burn.
    Thanks in advance!

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If your source files are true 4096x2160 resolution then you'll need to re-encode; Ultra HD Blu-ray only supports up to 3840x2160.

If you want the content to work on all Blu-ray players then you'll need to use 1920x1080, as most players don't support Ultra HD.