How to get a 3g iPhone with out ATT or the 2 year contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noverflow, Jun 15, 2008.

1. noverflow macrumors regular

I dont know if anyone has said anything about this, but...

Because apple/att allow you to purchase the iPhone at any time, as long as you sign a new 2 year contract... here is what you do.

Find a friend who is going to get the phone anyways. Have him buy it, then a week later, go in to buy an other one saying that you dropped it down some stares, and while it works great, you just want to buy a non scuffed up one. You need to sign on again at 2 years... but hey you are extending it by 2 weeks... who cares

Now he has 2. Buy it from him.

Or you could do this and sell it on ebay for huge profit when people hack them.

2. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

this would be FRAUD but that's beside the point.

In the coming weeks, I believe AT&T will introduce a UnSubsidized iPhone Price. You could see the price being 399/499.

Other international carries have introduced unsubsidized price so we should see something shortly.

3. noverflow thread starter macrumors regular

Then say you just want a new one. I wonder what they would say.

4. jasonmac21 macrumors member

It doesn't work like that. After about 2 years (there is a 2 or 3 month grace period), then you have the opportunity to extend your contract, not before. So you can't extend your contract every time you get a new phone since you already have a signed contract. Get it? In other words, if I want to get a new phone after a year of my 2 year contract, I can't sign up for a new 2 year contract and be locked in for 3 years.

5. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

You will end up paying for the unsubsidized price of iPhone.

If A&T doesnt raise the price for a uncommitted price, just imagine how many people would take advantage of this situation.