Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I tried a demo program and it worked well. However, there was a limitation. The developer told me that the paid version has no such limitation. I bought the paid version but it cannot do what the demo program does. The developer told me that I got the wrong version. I asked him to give me a refund first but no reply. It has been 3 days since I bought the app. Is there a way to get a refund? Compared with other typical apps, it is quite expensive. Thanks.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Hello, I tried a demo program and it worked well. However, there was a limitation. The developer told me that the paid version has no such limitation. I bought the paid version but it cannot do what the demo program does. The developer told me that I got the wrong version. I asked him to give me a refund first but no reply. It has been 3 days since I bought the app. Is there a way to get a refund? Compared with other typical apps, it is quite expensive. Thanks.

If you're in Europe you have 14 days to request a refund.

Reactions: SackJabbit

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Apple is really good about the first three refunds, although, once you've gotten a refund you can never purchase that product again. After a few refunds, they'll tell you you've requested too many refunds and not allow you to get a refund again.

Last edited:
Reactions: SackJabbit

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Yeah. Not only do you get a refund, but you get to keep the app as well. Is t that just great ??

I'd assume like most honest people would that you would delete the app or as in my case album. Apple should be able to recognise anyone attempting to use iTunes store as a free music/app library.

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
I'd assume like most honest people would that you would delete the app or as in my case album. Apple should be able to recognise anyone attempting to use iTunes store as a free music/app library.

these are the two refunds i was able to get.

one was complete 100 pack of atari games. i did not know at the time of purchase that the games were tied to my device. this was before ' restore purchases ' came out. apple gave me my money back, and i got to keep all the games. there was a new change in iOS 7 or iOS 8 that broke in app purchases for that atari game pack and the midway arcade pack as well. apple kept it in the store despite the fact you couldn't actually download purchased games , i had to wait for atari to release a new version that was iOS 7 or iOS 8 compatible.

second was for cellular info by Csaba Iranyi, it sure looked to me like this was an app to tell you about your cellular network. i thought looking at the app store , that it was a snazzy version of field test mode., i thought it was an app to tell you if you were connected to channel 12. i was wrong. it was simply an electronic brochure of your iPhone, telling you stuff you already knew by going to www.apple.com

amazon
--
i spent $5 for plex for my amazon fire phone. the amazon app store is several years behind other app stores, for example, facebook does not require messenger. they wouldnt refund the money, and the app did not even work on the amazon fire phone. i had to wait 9 months to get an amazon fire phone version

i spent $3 for the hd home run viewing app , to find out it wasn't working either. ... they made an exception of their no return policy and forcefully removed the app from my phone. about a month later , i found out i could get the app to work by disabling hardware acceleration. and i spent the $3 again

--

people were in a stink about amazon forcefully removing ' animal farm ' from everyone's kindle. how are you imply that its okay for apple to remove apps from your iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.