How to get an iPod Touch 32gb 4th gen for 280 from apple store!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iperson21, Sep 30, 2010.

1. iperson21 macrumors regular

title says most:
    instructions
    1. buy a broken iPod, around 10$, on ebay.
    or, if your friend has a broken ipod, ask them if you can have it.
    2.Take the iPod to the Apple Store, and tell them you want to trade it in for the 10% discount.
    3. Get your iPod Touch 32GB 4g for 270!, but then you have to take out the money from the ipod you bought from ebay, so 280!
    4. Even better if you buy the 64gb model, because then the discount is 40$, but 30$ after you make up the loss from the ipod from ebay.

i just thought of this, so if anyone has any comments, etc. please post

EDIT: heres a link to find some broken ipods http://electronics.shop.ebay.com/iP..._sc=1&_sop=15&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

but, one more thing. if you have a costco membirship, don't even think about buying from apple.
    costco- extended warranty (2 years) + 90 day return policy incase you have light leak/clicking noise.

2. Ttruvjr macrumors newbie

Yep!

That's how I got my iPod touch 4G. Worth it. However, I actually had a busted 4G nano that my gf washed :(

3. krefi macrumors newbie

yep, this is the intended fate of my 4gb Mini with a broken play/pause button. Now just gotta scrounge the other $270...

4. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

Good Idea

I mentioned this in a couple of threads when the new iPods were released earlier this month. I believe it is a bright idea to do this. You save some money, get rid of old material and have it recycled as well.

5. PhatboyNYC macrumors newbie

Considering most people would have to pay tax if they bought it at the Apple store, it ends up costing about the same as if you were to buy it from let's say Amazon where it's $288 right now with free shipping.

6. Vesuvio Cat macrumors regular

7. garycoleman2 macrumors member

Might as well just buy it at Costco since they have it for $279.99

8. iperson21 thread starter macrumors regular

yea.. this way isn't too effective unless your state has no tax or very low tax.
    but if someone had some reason for buying from the apple store, then this would work out.

9. AppleMactablet macrumors regular

AppleMactablet

BTW my state has tax
    I went ahead and bought a brand new one on ebay 32gb for 275

10. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

That two year warranty only applies to credit card purchases. The 2nd year is provided by American Express, not Costco.