How to get free apple care thrown in at apple retail store

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chrisprobert, Aug 14, 2008.

1. chrisprobert macrumors newbie

A colleague managed to get apple care thrown in when purchasing his new iMac at a retail store. Would something along the lines of this dialogue work?

Me: Geee, I'd really like that 3.06Ghz model, but if I include apple care It's over my budget. Oh well, I guess I'll have to take the 2.8Ghz model.
    Salesman: Yeah.
    Me: If only Apple care didn't cost as much. Then I could purchase the more expensive computer...
    Salesman: hmm.. I suppose I could throw it in for free...

Would it help if i had my girlfriend go and buy it for me? Maybe she could charm her way towards a free apple care?;)

And while we're on the subject - has anyone ever had anything besides apple care bundled for free with their purchase? I'm thinking aperture...

2. bluntone macrumors newbie

If you're paying ticketed price, yeh easy. Think of all Apple hardware as generally having a 10% mark up, (In Aus that's the general rule anyway), with Applecare having quite a large markup, so having it thrown in for free should be fairly easy to do. :)

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I got a friend free AppleCare by telling the sales guy, Amazon is offering a rebate, what will you do for us to buy it now. He offered MM at first and I said, AC would be better.

4. Soxy macrumors member

In my experience the best way to get special offers/prices/free stuff is to tell whoever you're talking to that you can get a better deal elsewhere :p

If you're spending so much money on an iMac, them throwing in AppleCare to stop you spending that $1800 somewhere else is a nobrainer on the side of the salesman ^^

5. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

Is this here in the US? :eek:

I would be so embarrassed to even ask :eek: