How to get iPhone replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDylan1357

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
I have an iPhone 4S 16GB for Verizon, and I bought it as a Bad ESN. however, I am thinking about making up something to get a refurb replacement. I have done this with a non-power on iPod Touch 32GB, and it worked. the 4S is in great condition, and truthfully, nothing wrong with it. but what can I do? I really want a new one so the ESN is clean. thanks.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Did you intentionally buy it with a bad ESN in order to try and swindle a mint iPhone from Apple on the cheap, or did you buy a phone and the ESN turned out to be bad? Since you said you've done this before, I would say I hope you're stuck with it. For the latter I would report it to the site (provided you bought it on the Internet). Either way, don't try to cheat Apple, none of this is their fault.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Sure u can get it done! :rolleyes: go to an apple store tell them watever bs u came up with. However, once the genius run the imei and the ESN, then if it comes up stolen they will most likely call the cops/mall cops to wait for u rite on front of the store. A true story ;)

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Yeah coming onto a forum and asking how you can commit fraud probably isn't the best idea. I would dunk it and pay the money for OOW replacement.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
To answer the OP's question:
A battery replacement is $69. (Cheaper than a $199. repair.)
Restore it before taking it in. Run a movie at full screen brightness to get the battery down to 60% or less.

Tell him the battery now doesn't even hold a charge for four hours.
The Genius won't be able to check the battery and you'll get your refurbished.

If (he likely won't) checks the ESN tell him you purchased it off of Craigslist and have yet to go into Verizon and have your 3GS plan upgraded and weren't aware of the faulty ESN as you've been using it as an iPod only.
Worse case scenario you walk out with the same iPhone you walked in with.

Don't do this though as you're sticking it to Apple and that's bad karma.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Sure u can get it done! :rolleyes: go to an apple store tell them watever bs u came up with. However, once the genius run the imei and the ESN, then if it comes up stolen they will most likely call the cops/mall cops to wait for u rite on front of the store. A true story ;)
That's awesome , hey op let us know when and where your oung to do this so one of us can YouTube you getting arrested. I love the stupid sad look on people's face when the handcuffs go on and they realize it's real. :D

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
should have met the guy at the Verizon store and hada rep verify the ESN was good. not much you can do now you bought stolen merchandise or somebody's unpaid bill. breaking it and paying the $200 might work. lesson learned I guess.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
To answer the OP's question:
A battery replacement is $69. (Cheaper than a $199. repair.)
Restore it before taking it in. Run a movie at full screen brightness to get the battery down to 60% or less.

Tell him the battery now doesn't even hold a charge for four hours.
The Genius won't be able to check the battery and you'll get your refurbished.

If (he likely won't) checks the ESN tell him you purchased it off of Craigslist and have yet to go into Verizon and have your 3GS plan upgraded and weren't aware of the faulty ESN as you've been using it as an iPod only.
Worse case scenario you walk out with the same iPhone you walked in with.

Don't do this though as you're sticking it to Apple and that's bad karma.
Does adding that to the end of your post make you feel better about giving the guy a step by step on how to dupe Apple? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.