How to get iPhone replaced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDylan1357, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iDylan1357 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4S 16GB for Verizon, and I bought it as a Bad ESN. however, I am thinking about making up something to get a refurb replacement. I have done this with a non-power on iPod Touch 32GB, and it worked. the 4S is in great condition, and truthfully, nothing wrong with it. but what can I do? I really want a new one so the ESN is clean. thanks.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Throw it in water and pay $200, or keep the phone and don't commit fraud.

3. Ricky Smith macrumors regular

Really? Sure make it all that much harder for us with legitimate issues to get repairs.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Did you intentionally buy it with a bad ESN in order to try and swindle a mint iPhone from Apple on the cheap, or did you buy a phone and the ESN turned out to be bad? Since you said you've done this before, I would say I hope you're stuck with it. For the latter I would report it to the site (provided you bought it on the Internet). Either way, don't try to cheat Apple, none of this is their fault.

6. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Sure u can get it done! :rolleyes: go to an apple store tell them watever bs u came up with. However, once the genius run the imei and the ESN, then if it comes up stolen they will most likely call the cops/mall cops to wait for u rite on front of the store. A true story ;)

7. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Yeah coming onto a forum and asking how you can commit fraud probably isn't the best idea. I would dunk it and pay the money for OOW replacement.

8. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Make sure you take some "soap on a rope" with you to jail.

9. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

To answer the OP's question:
    A battery replacement is $69. (Cheaper than a $199. repair.)
    Restore it before taking it in. Run a movie at full screen brightness to get the battery down to 60% or less.

Tell him the battery now doesn't even hold a charge for four hours.
    The Genius won't be able to check the battery and you'll get your refurbished.

If (he likely won't) checks the ESN tell him you purchased it off of Craigslist and have yet to go into Verizon and have your 3GS plan upgraded and weren't aware of the faulty ESN as you've been using it as an iPod only.
    Worse case scenario you walk out with the same iPhone you walked in with.

Don't do this though as you're sticking it to Apple and that's bad karma.

10. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

That's awesome , hey op let us know when and where your oung to do this so one of us can YouTube you getting arrested. I love the stupid sad look on people's face when the handcuffs go on and they realize it's real. :D

11. techguy20 macrumors 6502

Have you tried contacting the guy who sold it to you with the stolen ESN?

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

should have met the guy at the Verizon store and hada rep verify the ESN was good. not much you can do now you bought stolen merchandise or somebody's unpaid bill. breaking it and paying the $200 might work. lesson learned I guess.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Does adding that to the end of your post make you feel better about giving the guy a step by step on how to dupe Apple? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.