Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capt Crunch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2001
Washington, D.C.
I have an HTPC with all my music. I have a laptop and I rip a CD to the laptop's library. I add it to the iCloud. How do I have the HTPC automatically download the new songs (since they weren't purchased through iTunes)?

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
iTunes Match is the only way to sync up music that is not purchased from iTunes to multiple computers. I signed up last week. It is still sort of buggy, but overall the value of having all my music available on all my devices is worth living with the bugs until Apple fixes them.

Capt Crunch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2001
Washington, D.C.
iTunes Match is the only way to sync up music that is not purchased from iTunes to multiple computers. I signed up last week. It is still sort of buggy, but overall the value of having all my music available on all my devices is worth living with the bugs until Apple fixes them.

I wasn't very clear. I already have iTunes Match. I can download songs I put on the iCloud to my HTPC by logging into it and manually downloading them. I don't want to have to do that.

Using Home Sharing iTunes can automatically sync libraries. iCloud isn't necessary.

http://www.apple.com/support/homesharing/

I don't want to sync my laptop library with my HTPC (since I don't want to waste my precious SSD space). I want to sync whatever I put into the iCloud from my laptop to my HTPC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.