iPod How to get music from iPod to Music?

steve333

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
I just updated to Catalina and all of my music is not in Music (why couldn't they keep the iTunes name?).
I can't figure out how to get music from my iPod Classic into Music so all of my songs will be on the computer like they were before.
I searched but found only instructions for iTunes. Any ideas? Thanks

retta283

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2018
Kingman, AZ
The easiest way is using Windows, if you have access to Windows. If you turn on hidden folders, there's a Music folder on the iPod with everything in it. Just drag this over to your Music library, with a flash drive or something. The names might get scrambled because they are changed to a format the iPod reads, but you should have all the info still in Music.

steve333

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
I believe you can still sync, it's just done via the Finder.

That's to sync to the iPod, I want to sync from the iPod to Music (man I hate that name, they could have just kept iTunes)
The easiest way is using Windows, if you have access to Windows. If you turn on hidden folders, there's a Music folder on the iPod with everything in it. Just drag this over to your Music library, with a flash drive or something. The names might get scrambled because they are changed to a format the iPod reads, but you should have all the info still in Music.
No access to windows.

I know there was a way to do it with the previous Mac OS's. Remember when Macs were easy to use?

mikehalloran

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
I just updated to Catalina and all of my music is not in Music (why couldn't they keep the iTunes name?).
I can't figure out how to get music from my iPod Classic into Music so all of my songs will be on the computer like they were before.
I searched but found only instructions for iTunes. Any ideas? Thanks
Absolute easiest way: Call Apple Support and have someone walk you through it. Pretty simple. An OS upgrade is one of the many things that qualifies you for a free call. Sign up on the support site and get a call back in a few minutes.

Windows? I needed a good laugh today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.