How to get my iPhone movies onto the iPad ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by silroc, Apr 8, 2011.

1. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

Without dongles or spending money?

For some reason or some setting I mistakenly made, I cannot seem to locate any iPhone4 movies in iTunes to subsequently copy to my iPad......

Appreciate advice or link of info....

Ps
    I searched YouTube and this site but the help I found was all dongle reated
    Tx

2. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

If the movies in question were purchased through iTunes, even though they may not be anywhere on your HD, when you plug in said iPhone 4, iTunes will tell you there are purchased items on your iPhone<given that the movies in question are present on that> and ask if you wish to copy them onto your computer. After said action, you can sync your iPad and get the movies onto that.

3. silroc thread starter macrumors 6502

silroc

Thanks for the reply!!!! Much appreciated

I was referring to videos I shot using my ip4..sorry I was not clear

4. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

Oops, no clue on that one.....if you are on windows, try making hidden files/folders visible, then under my computer, click on the iPhone and search there, otherwise, maybe you can email them to your self and try to get them on your iPad that route?

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I know you said no dongles, but with the iPad camera connection kit, you can plug your iPhone directly in to your iPad and transfer the pictures and video you took with the phone. Works like a charm.

6. Mdifilm macrumors regular

If the videos were taken with the iphone4 then they are located on the camera roll area. When you plug the phone to computer, you should be able to see it as a drive when using a Mac. It shouldn't be on iTunes.

7. Stefx73 macrumors regular

How about starting the movie on the iPhone, hold it in your left hand, an in your right hand hold the iPad2 and use the iPad2's camera to film the movie on the iPhone?

8. shandyman Suspended

transfer them to the computer via plugging the iPhone in then re-import it to the ipad the same way

email it to yourself

transfer it to dropbox from the iphone then download it to ipad from dropbox

transfer it using Mover

9. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

10. CobraPA macrumors 6502

You can pull them off the phone with iPhoto. Movies and pictures will sync to your Mac with that...

Are you using Mac or Windows?

Once on the Mac you can sync them back with iTunes.