How to get Netflix US in Canada?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stonyboys, May 9, 2013.

1. stonyboys macrumors 6502

Hey guys, is there still a way to get US Netflix content to show up in Canada while on the Netflix app? Or has nf fixed all the loopholes?

2. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Look into the app, "VPN Express"

I travel all over the world, and have to use VPN to use Netflix, HBO Go, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc.

That's the only solution I'm aware of.

3. stonyboys thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm trying to use tunnelbear as a VPN, I know it works because on other sites I'm recognized as a US user, but on netflix I still get the same canadian shows.

4. ATC macrumors 6502a

I found that not all VPNs work equally well for Netflix. The one that I've used in the past and worked great for Netflix on my iPhone and iPad is VPN One Click (Professional).

Basically you toggle the VPN ON or OFF. When ON, when you get into the Netflix app it's all US content. With VPN OFF, goes back to Canadian content. It was nice because it was quick and easy and worked flawlessly, especially when I was shuttling frequently between US and Canada content.

It also has non-US servers to choose from if you like European or other sources of media.

If memory serves me, I think it gives you a 7 day trial when you install the app. You can try it before going monthly or yearly.