How to get notified on my ipad if someone im following tweets?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ace08, Jun 2, 2012.

1. ace08 macrumors member

I have the twitter ap and want to be notified when ever two of the people I'm following tweet. How do I set that up? Thanks!

2. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

The only way I know how is to click on the person's profile and then where the little head is with the dropdown arrow is, and click 'turn on mobile notifications'.

Attached Files:

3. bp1000 macrumors 65816

good tip didn't know this - but what does it do, send an SMS or a push notification to the app?

4. Munchkinsdad macrumors regular

Munchkinsdad

Can it be done in 3rd party twitter apps? Like tweetbot?

5. techkidd4400 macrumors regular

You can turn on notifications in the settings app for most twitter apps. This works fine for informing you of updates to your twitter timeline on an iPhone or ipad with a data connection. The mobile notification that Musty referred to works by sending you text message on your iphone. If the people you are following tweet a lot, then the text messages may become annoying AND they count against your monthly texting plan unless you have unlimited texts.

I recommend using the notifications feature in the settings app of the iphone and selecting the twitter app you have installed; turn notifications on and select your alert style.