How to get OS X Lion download notification icon back in dock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaykhimani, Jul 21, 2011.

1. jaykhimani macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I was/am downloading Mac OS X Lion from App Store and by mistake I removed the download icon of Lion from the Dock. Can anybody help me getting it back to dock? I checked in Library/Application Support/AppStore and over there download is still going on for Lion.

Regards,
    - Jay

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

wait for it to finish downloading (you can check in downloads in the app store), and when it does, spotlight search "install lion"

the installer app will come up, just click it and you're on your way

3. jaykhimani thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, but am more interested in getting that dock icon back. For the sake of curiosity. Else MAC app store sucks big time wen it comes to language. I'm in Netherlands, but don't speak dutch. Appstore does not allow me to change language and if Ichange country, I can't use my NL credit card. Very annoying.

4. littledude8209 macrumors regular

go to the application folder and it should be in there.

And you should be able to change your language on your mac and the app store should change with it (?)

im not too sure about that last part about the language, but it should see that is how it would work.

5. jaykhimani thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks littledude. It comes in application only after download is complete.

Regarding language, language of my mac is English. But when you register with Apple ID and give your credit card details, it also needs same billing address as of ur credit card. And depending upon your billing address country, smart Apple guys show Mac App Store, iTunes store everything in that country language. There is no option to change language but keep country the same. :mad:

6. the1dukegirl macrumors newbie

Open Finder, and then two-finger click and on Downloads (or Documents or whatever), and you'll have the option to add it to the dock.