How to get photos/videos off of phone without iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

My son sync's his iPhone 3GS at his mothers house and he seems to have a TON of photos & videos. Since he sync's with another computer, I'd like to help him back up or get the existing photos off of his phone and on to a CD for him just in case he looses or something happens to his phone.

How can I get these videos/photos off of his phone without using iTunes because it will delete them?

2. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

If he uses a Mac, purchase PhoneView. It's a GREAT program. Not affiliated, just a satisfied customer.
    http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

3. stevey6404 macrumors member

iFunbox is good, it's free and it even transfer music quickly. All you need is to plug in your iPhone and navigate to the files.

4. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

on the mac, use preview

on the PC, use the camera import function that pops up when you plug the phone in?

5. isaac65 macrumors member

On a PC you can get to the photos and videos directly from My Computer. I believe you can get to them through Finder on a Mac.

6. LoLife macrumors regular

Another way on mac or pc would be to email them or send them to your photobucket account and get them to your computer that way. Photobucket has a great app that is really easy to upload them

7. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

that's an overly complicated way:

Mac:
    Preview.app (the one that opens PDF, jpg and the likes) -> File ->
    [​IMG]

PC:
    Plug it in, open up the explorer, there you go
    [​IMG]

i don't see the big problem here

8. dagored macrumors 65816

If on a Mac, just open Image Capture. Comes with the Mac. Plug in the iPhone and drag the files any where you want. Takes just seconds.

9. JadedBen macrumors regular

Yeah, just load up explorer, you should see it listed as a device/ storage device on the left, then just open up the folders that you see, the photos/ vids are the only thing you can see on it, plus you can only copy from it so you can't go wrong :)