How to get Raw video off of the i4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobertD63, Jun 25, 2010.

1. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

I edited a video in iMovie, and want to get it off.. Only thing is I dont know how to? Can't email or youtube it because they compress it. If I export a HD video from iMovie I want an HD movie. Am I overlookin something in iTunes?

2. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

3. RobertD63 thread starter macrumors 6502

Lmao I got an email saying "iPhoto" I see you edited. If it is iPhoto I'm going to be disappointed.. That is a program I hate.

4. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

While your iPhone is plugged into your Mac, open up iPhoto. It will be a device listed in the menu from which you can import photos and videos from the camera roll.

5. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

You caught me! i thought you could and i tried to do it just now but either i forgot or you cant, im trying to figure it out now

6. cmcclure16 macrumors regular

You can use the program 'Image Capture', which is a stock OS X application.

7. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

it is iPhoto!, for some reason my test video didn't work. but like the other guy said image capture works too

8. coolocity macrumors regular

On a windows machine, the iPhone should pop up with an AutoPlay prompt. Simply follow the folders to your Internal Storage\DCIM folder and tada, there's your camera roll!

9. Jayling macrumors newbie

Jayling

If you have a Mac, try using the Image Capture application. That's how I got my video off. I don't think it was compressed in the process, but someone with more technical know-how can probably answer. :)

10. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

it is pretty sad you need to use a computer to publish HD content. Making it strictly wifi? lame but ok. but to not allow it at all? foolish. you might as well use imovie on the computer since the computer is required anyway.

11. RobertD63 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the responses! Thank god for image capture.

And CrAkD.. I kinda agree. But the remark of "might as well do it on the computer" I dont agree with. I'd rather do a quick edit on the phone and just get it off the computer. Its much faster.