How to Get Rid of Black/Blank Icons on Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by amviper, Sep 10, 2014.

1. amviper macrumors newbie

A few years ago, I jailbroke my iphone but then reset it. However, after the I reset it, over 50 black icons showed up on my phone dock. I've tried to restore it, reset it, etc but nothing will get rid of it. Even after I got a new iPhone, they still showed up. Can anyone help me get rid of them? Thanks!

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

What happens if you hold on one and let it wiggle? Any X appear in order to delete Maybe they're residuals from your JB.

3. amviper thread starter macrumors newbie

An "x" will appear and can delete them. However, as soon as I restart it they all come back. Do I need to jailbreak it again and delete something?

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I have no idea. I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of JB because I've never done it.

Maybe you should report your original post (tap the little red triangle) and ask a Moderator to move this thread to the Hacks/JB forum for some practical help.

5. Tmurphdiz macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem--have had it for two years and no answer.

6. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

When you restore your phone click "setup as new". It sounds like you are restoring from a jailbroken backup and its causing problems.

7. Tmurphdiz macrumors newbie

Right but I can't restore it cause I need my contacts,texts,notes and everything from this backup. Is there a workaround?

8. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

Your contacts and notes can be backed up via iCloud. I don't know of an easy way to backup texts. Look around for a text export tool, or really ask yourself how much you need the texts from the backup.

You are having a known issue with certain jailbreak tweaks. It was more common with older jailbreaks (3G, 4, etc), but it still happens.

9. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I've fixed that before. I had to re jailbreak and use ifile to hunt down and delete the shortcut that way. There may be another way using i explorer ir something similar. I wish I could help more, but it has been too long since I last fixed it. A quick Google should get you on your way.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like that was already suggested almost 1.5 years ago when this thread actually came up.