How to get rid of deleted emails on Spotlight? UGH

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by venividivigor, Apr 22, 2015.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

So not only do deleted emails show up on my Spotlight search, but you can open them too! How do I clear this??

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Just taking a guess, are the deleted emails in an archive folder? You didn't say what type of server is having the problem; icloud, outlook.com, exchange, etc.

3. venividivigor thread starter macrumors 6502

It is on iCloud and I deleted and cleared all emails from every single folder I could possibly find on my iPhone and iCloud website. And it still continues to show up on my iPhone spotlight.

4. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

sorry but this problem has nothing to do with Spotlight searching cloud server based mail.

this problem is a known issue on iOS and even if the mail is non-IMAP type of account, Spotlight on the iPhone is able to "find" the header info for email that has been deleted.

apple refuses to fix the problem. the problem has been identified since at least 2 years ago.

if you are saying that not just the headers, but the actual bodies of the emails are also able to be recalled after a spotlight search then its probably not a problem of iOS spotlight at all, but rather a feature of how IMAP mail works, and, how you have set the mail parameters.

have you set the mail parameters to delete the mail from the server immediately after being deleted on yr phone, or what?