How to get rid of stress toxins?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fernandovalente, Jul 9, 2011.

1. fernandovalente macrumors 6502

fernandovalente

Hey,

When you're stressed/angry/anything like that, your body releases a lot of toxins which it cannot break easily. I can't stop getting stressed, but I gotta get rid of these toxins. Does anyone knows something(maybe a remedy) that could help?

Thanks!

2. 482214 macrumors 6502

Speak to Mr Jack Daniels

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.5 Safari/533.21.1)

One of the best ways to clear toxins from the body are by drinking a lot of water and/or eating foods rich in anti-oxidents such as blueberries.

4. Daffodil macrumors 6502

Daffodil

:confused: Maybe you've got the terminology or something wrong, but I don't think there's such a thing as "stress toxins."

So while the anti-oxidants SandboxGeneral suggests do other good things (perhaps counter oxidative stress, which is something other than what I think your OP means), I don't that's exactly what you're looking for. In the long-term, stress is bad for you, particularly because it increases cortisol release, and high cortisol leads to reduced immune function.

Exercise is probably one of your best bets for dealing with stress, but moderate amounts are better since they enhance your immunity, while too strenuous exercise becomes a form of stress itself (it's a J-shaped curve). Exercise is also good for your mental health - there seems to be some sort of inverse relationship between regular exercise and clinical depression. And that's good news in return since emotional stress also matters in terms of hormone release.

TL;DR: You should exercise.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

exercise the quickest at the best way to get ride of them.

Those toxines can be burned off with exercise. I know when I get really stress I find going mountain bike riding helps me fell a heck of a lot better. I try to go at least twice a week to keep things from getting way to out of hand. My mood is always better if I am able to go.

7. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

For me it is a couple of beers after work, or if it is really bad i go and talk to my parents. Normally after a good chat i feel better and calmer plus the walk up there is good too.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Only drink water for a week and exercise with lots of slow leg and back stretching (touch toes for 30 seconds, several reps). I took a class taught by an Olympic Taekwondo campion who made us detox this way and it was amazing at how much better I felt by the end of the week.

9. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Two word, four syllables.

Bikram yoga

Its changed my life and the health benefits are innumerable.

10. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's definitely the most fun way ;)

12. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I like the way you think!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to drink water in between sessions!

13. interrobang macrumors 6502

For the most part, what your body can't break down, it excretes. So...drink plenty of water and, well, do what comes naturally.

14. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I think normally the word toxin is reserved for substances that exert rather serious poisonous effects, ie. blocking neurotransmission, muscle contraction, rupturing cell membranes and the like. Unless you're losing feeling in your extremities, having trouble breathing or undergoing some severe hemorrhaging I don't think you're filling your own body up with "toxins". Rather, it's just hormones.

Relax. Exercise. Sleep. Chocolate/Sushi.

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You'll need two things:

1. Tom Cruise.

2. Access to electricity.

16. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Gotu Kola.

Maybe throw in a little St. John's Wort, but Gotu Kola is the base.

If you're feeling adventurous add in some nootropics (DMAE, etc.)

17. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I either blow up a zombie on Doom 3 or go for a run.

18. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Plenty of liquids (as advised by a good many posters on this thread already), sleep, decent - i.e. relatively healthy - diet; in addition to that, at different times, I have also tried acupuncture and massage and found them quite helpful.

19. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

As you can see from most of the posts exercise and healthy eating are the best ways. Running is an easy way, stretching as well. Drink lots of water will be a big lift. If you change your diet you may go through some withdrawal symptoms, but stick with it.