How to get rid of the annoying 'UPDATE ME' warnings on iWork?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iRock1, Oct 5, 2016.

1. iRock1 macrumors 6502a

iRock1

I'm on Yosemite, don't have intentions of upgrading.

Every time I open up Numbers or Pages, I see a message telling me that a new update is available and that I really should upgrade to Sierra. Is there a way of disabling such ANNOYING behavior?

Thanks.

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Thanks for asking, I'm pretty annoyed by that behavior too.

3. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

4. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I surrendered... and installed macOS Sierra. :confused:

5. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Damn. Not sure I want to go there, specially with a slow and old machine that doesn't work that well with Yosemite.

6. hanser macrumors regular

According to most reports I read, Sierra works better with old machines than Yosemite.

7. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Do you have any source?

For me it's a matter of logic. An OS that is two generations newer can't run well on an old machine that already suffers from lag and other issues.

8. hanser macrumors regular

Just Look in the Sierra Forum, there is a Thread about How it Runs on Older machines.

9. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

People saying "runs great". Reliable reports...

Last time I trusted Apple I ended up installing Yosemite and then El Capitan on a 2008 MacBook. Big mistakes.l

10. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

A little bump on this.

Also, could somebody please explain to me, how the heck is it possible that Pages still displays a pop-up every time I open it up, notifying me that a new version is available but I need to update OS X first? How the hell am I supposed to upgrade to Sierra if my MacBook isn't even supported!!!

11. chscag macrumors 68000

Yeah, I've read more than several complaints about that. It seems the latest update to Pages requires the installation of Sierra before you can download it. If you have an older MacBook and are happy with Yosemite, upgrading to Sierra might not be a good idea especially if your MacBook is not supported.

12. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

It's on El Capitan. And I see pop-ups almost every time I open Pages. The stupid thing is that I have the latest compatible version installed, so I don't understand what the heck I'm supposed to install.

13. mic j macrumors 68030

Count me in on this one. My MBP's OS can't be updated to Sierra and Pages wants me to update to it's latest version. Cook will do anything to annoy us to the point of dropping $3K into their coffers.

And for what it's worth: My old 2009 17"MBP with SSD and internal HDD runs great on El Capitan. I haven't seen anything yet in Sierra that makes me want to update, even if I could. Apple Pay, Siri...don't need it.

14. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

This is a bug. Let Apple know here http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html and, yes, feedback does work but you don't get a personal reply.

15. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502

Phil in ocala

Hey...I am still dealing with my iPhone 5C with latest OS that demands my password for iTunes store each and every time I want to use the phone.