how to get rid of these ads ...

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by lasloduncan, May 23, 2019.

1. lasloduncan macrumors regular

lasloduncan

seems to be only in safari. "watch now" everywhere?? thank you .

Attached Files:

2. HDFan macrumors 65816

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

I use Ka-Block.
    I seldom see any ads.

(DON'T download those 'free' video players -- just thought I should mention that)

4. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

Or use Ghostery.

And as stated, maybe malware-y software using. Or some other malware: run malwarebytes to see if something else going on.

5. Honza1 macrumors 6502

Something is "injecting" adds into your web pages. If this happens only on Safari, most likely there is some Safari extension which does it.
    Or some other malware. For example, did you install shareware apps or something from shareware sites? Those sites used to be useful years ago for finding hard-to-find shareware software, today they host "free" software crap, which is bundled with malware like coin-mining software and web add injectors. You install free software and get this ugly payload installed also. And then this happens... You will need to find it and remove it.
    Check Safari extensions and disable/remove any you do not know and do not want. Or simply disable all and see, if this stops. Then enable one by one and identify which does it. With malware it is bit more complicated, run scan by malwarebytes, that should tell you what is happening.
    Install software only from App store or directly from developer web site.

6. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Try running MalwareBytes (it's free) and get back to us.

7. canuckRus macrumors 6502a

canuckRus

Try AdBlock.

8. lasloduncan thread starter macrumors regular

lasloduncan

thank you--did malwarebytes several times clean-got 4 blockers and of course you right it came with something covertly will disable all and play with one at time...I should have known that ...in fact did ...just get punchy after a while thinks will let you know...thank you