Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rupam.db

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
How to get the inbox of the alias of hotmail in Sparrow ?
I don't find the answer anywhere :confused:

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I'm talking about the alias email address. . .e.g. if you have a hotmail email address xyz@live.com you can create another alias for that but whenever you want to log in you've to use the original id and NOT THE ALIAS. Mails sent to the alias is shown in a separate folder.

Since I've never used Hotmail I wasn't aware of the Alias feature. Using Sparrow when you get your Hotmail using the main address are you also getting the messages for the Alias address?

rupam.db

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Re:

Since I've never used Hotmail I wasn't aware of the Alias feature. Using Sparrow when you get your Hotmail using the main address are you also getting the messages for the Alias address?

Nope. It requires exchange support.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Nope. It requires exchange support.

I don't believe that Sparrow supports Microsoft Exchange. Are you having the Alias email placed into a folder within Hotmail? If so, and you changed the Alias to leave it in the Hotmail Inbox, will Sparrow then retrieve it?

rupam.db

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
I don't believe that Sparrow supports Microsoft Exchange. Are you having the Alias email placed into a folder within Hotmail? If so, and you changed the Alias to leave it in the Hotmail Inbox, will Sparrow then retrieve it?

Yes then it will come in your inbox and not the separate folder specified for the alias.

Also if you create an alias in the sparrow settings you are able to send using the alias

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.