How to get the most out of One to One

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Metsfan7450, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

I just purchased my first Macbook Pro and added the One to One service since I'm new to Macs. I understand I can go for one hour each day with questions I have about different features (iMovies, Garageband, etc). Are there any other things you guys would recommend I use these sessions for, other than the obvious questions I have?

2. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I think it's 1 hour and that's it. Are your sure it's 1 hour per day?

3. Andy348 macrumors 6502

You can go every day if you schedule it like that I think.

Nothing really in particular. You can ask for help setting up your stuff but just let them show you stuff and if theres a problem just ask them. Not much else.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I imagine if you go in with a specific goal, you will be able to learn.

It also helps finding someone that you like I imagine, my experiences talking to those that teach and learn, most seem to develop a bond with a specific teacher and use them (nearly) exclusively.

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

You don't get to choose which trainer you get for your sessions.

It used to be one session per week, but most stores don't have that many openings. You can't scheduled more than one individual session or personal project at a time. Although you do have to sign up for a specific topic, your sessions are never limited to just that subject.

6. Metsfan7450 thread starter macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

The guy at the Apple store said it's one hour per day, and I could select the trainer from their store website.