How to get the sound working with M-Audio Fast Track to my internal speakers.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by busterflex, Apr 7, 2013.

1. busterflex macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

This is probably a tricky question!

I am using remotejoylite (for windows) via parallel desktop...to get my psp slim (with CFW) displayed on my mac. This is working well, but now I would like to get the audio too.
    As my iMac (3,1GHz i7, 16GB RAM) just has one headphone jack line out...I am trying to use my M-Audio Fast Track interface to get the sound working with the internal speakers....But I don't really know what I have to do?
    The psp is now plugged in in the M-Audio (Guitar in)
    My mac recognizes the M-Audio...and I see that my mac gets the audio signal from the psp (when I look at the settings) and on the M-Audio the led is blinking accordingly...But (Stupid question) how do I get the sound playing in the internal speakers?
    Do I need another programm? ...Thanks for your help

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Click on the sound icon in the Finder bar while holding down the 'option' key (or go trough System Preferences Sound panel) and choose you input and output points.

3. busterflex thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I allready did that (cause I often have to switch that for my headset)...but nope...this doesn't seem to be the solution.
    Do I have to use any software...?
    I'm using a jack to jack cable from my playstation portable headphone jack to the guitar in on my M-Audio Fast Track....