How to get to top of page in Safari using the 6 plus??????

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
I am on the iphone plus now, you just cant tap the top of the bar to get to the Top of the page.

Sorry i try to search did not find anything

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can probably use reachability (tapping the home button twice) to bring down the top of the sceen and then tap on the status bar which should be reachable now.

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
You can probably use reachability (tapping the home button twice) to being down the top of the sceen and then tap on the status bar which should be reachable now.
Thanks that worked but kind of a pain and it does not work in widescreen

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
With a larger sceen it's either that or essentially holding it in one hand and navigating using another.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I generally find reachability to work well for this task but in Safari, I have issues; tapping the top after invoking reachability often results in the window snapping back into place without any action having taken place. Less commonly, it'll invoke the address bar.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
With a larger sceen it's either that or essentially holding it in one hand and navigating using another.
I can't understand why anyone would buy the 6+ and not use it with both hands. Unless you are Shaq, then it is kind of a prerequisite when buying the phone. Only someone as big as Shaq could make the 6+ look normal sized.

chabig

macrumors 604
Sep 6, 2002
I am on the iphone plus now, you just cant tap the top of the bar to get to the Top of the page.

Sorry i try to search did not find anything
On my iPad and iPhone, tapping the top of the screen in Safari still brings me to the top of the page.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
On my iPad and iPhone, tapping the top of the screen in Safari still brings me to the top of the page.
I think the implication there is that it's not really doable with one hand as it was on previous iPhone models.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
the answer is 2 hands. the 6+ is big, too big even with my 6 sometimes i resort to 2 hands better safe than sorry & drop it

Only someone as big as Shaq could make the 6+ look normal sized.
imagine shaq with an iphone 4s, might swallow it if drunk

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
hopefully they can fix this in a update

stop with it being so big i am 6ft and 1 hand it fine

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
to tap the top bar to scroll right to the top of the page
So are you saying that if you tap it at the top it won't scroll up (even if you double tap it)? But if you use the reachability feature (double tapping the home button) to bring down the sceen and then tap on the status bar (which is now lower on the screen) then it works?

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
So are you saying that if you tap it at the top it won't scroll up (even if you double tap it)? But if you use the reachability feature (double tapping the home button) to bring down the sceen and then tap on the status bar (which is now lower on the screen) then it works?
yes exactly

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
yes exactly
That's odd. I was thinking you were asking about it from the point of view of being able to do it all one-handed, which is why I suggested the reachability feature (which apparently worked in this case), but I didn't realize that is just didn't work at all for you at the very top of the screen in general. Does it work in any other apps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.