How to give Hubs me old 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DotCom2, Oct 8, 2012.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

I just upgraded my old 4S to the new Iphone 5.
    My husband has an iPhone 4.
    I want to give him my old 4S.
    I have reset the 4S to new.
    What is the procedure now?
    Is all I have to do is take out the sim from his iPhone 4 and put it in the 4S?
    Do I have to call ATT?

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah just put the sim in it

3. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Yup...you can just transfer the SIM and restore his backup.

You don't have to, but you should call AT&T just to let them know the new device ID, so that they have the correct phone listed under his account. This will help should the phone be stolen and they need to blacklist it or something along those lines, but just switching SIMs should work fine to get the phone operational.

Should take about 3 minutes for the AT&T person to update your account so everything reflects your actual devices.

4. DotCom2 thread starter macrumors 68030

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

But do they actually do anything?

Is been a few years, but we used to complaint phone carriers just give u the shrug when u tell them the phone is been stolen, even though they have the power to disable the IME or whatever. I think Apple does a some sort of registry now but am not up to date.

In this day of everybody want to sell ur data, am in the camp of, the less info u give them, the better.

6. Jman13 macrumors 68000

From what in understand, they can blacklist the IEMI number so it can't be used on the network again. Hopefully find my iPhone would be helpful in wiping the device.