How to guarantee an iPhone 5S on release - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SMIDG3T, Sep 10, 2013.

1. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

So, as we know (for some reason I'll never get my head around) the iPhone 5S is NOT available for pre-order.

How can I guarantee I get one on the 20th of September? I've read from various sites that I can order it on the 20th, but then when would I actually get the device?

I could also queue at an Apple Store but I don't really want to do that. Last year, I pre-ordered an iPhone 5 and it went very smoothly with no issues.

What can I (or everyone who wants a 5S on release I should say) do to guarantee one?

Thanks.

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Get up early and look around is all I can suggest.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Queuing is the only way you're going to guarantee one. (And anyway, we're British so should be able to handle a couple of hours queuing :p ).

You could maybe reserve at your carrier or order on the day for delivery that week. All depends how third parties do it really.

4. keeper macrumors regular

You could just wait - its only a phone, in the scheme of life it has very little importance.....

5. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

Oh, I'm not waiting.

----------

Yeah, I suppose I will have to queue at my local Apple Store, luckily I don't mind any of the three colours available (yes, I even like the gold option) so there's quite a high chance I'll end up with any colour with 32GB.

6. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to secure one, it's just a pain in the arse getting up in the middle of the night to queue up.