How to input text into PDF file

baypharm

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
I went from Sierra to HS and now I can't input text into my PDF files. The text box comes up and I can get the pointer inside but no text appears. I have searched the forums here to no avail. Anyone have a fix for this?

chabig

macrumors 604
Sep 6, 2002
I went from Sierra to HS and now I can't input text into my PDF files. The text box comes up and I can get the pointer inside but no text appears. I have searched the forums here to no avail. Anyone have a fix for this?
Whatever your problem is, the description of it makes no sense at all to me. PDF files are viewed. You don't import text into a PDF. Can you explain again what you're trying to do?

flowrider

macrumors 603
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^Sure PDF files can be viewed, they can also be edited or created with the proper software. Hence my question.

Lou

chabig

macrumors 604
Sep 6, 2002
But you don’t import text into a PDF. You create a document using an application and then you create a PDF from that document, on a Mac usually by printing to PDF. What app are you using to create your document?

baypharm

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
I download a file (a pharmacy application for example). I want to fill out the form by typing the text on each line. Does that make more sense?

chabig

macrumors 604
Sep 6, 2002
Yes very. Sometimes the ability to fill out PDF forms seems to depend on how the firm was created. I assure that Preview can fill out forms in High Sierra. When I have trouble filling the fields, I often resort to just inserting text boxes on my own using the annotation tools. Have you tried that?

baypharm

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Yes very. Sometimes the ability to fill out PDF forms seems to depend on how the firm was created. I assure that Preview can fill out forms in High Sierra. When I have trouble filling the fields, I often resort to just inserting text boxes on my own using the annotation tools. Have you tried that?
No I have not. But I just did on your recommendation and it works very well. Thank you very much!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.