How to input text into PDF file

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by baypharm, Oct 12, 2018.

1. baypharm macrumors 68000

baypharm

I went from Sierra to HS and now I can't input text into my PDF files. The text box comes up and I can get the pointer inside but no text appears. I have searched the forums here to no avail. Anyone have a fix for this?

2. flowrider macrumors 603

flowrider

Would be helpful to know the application you're using.

Lou

3. chabig macrumors 603

Whatever your problem is, the description of it makes no sense at all to me. PDF files are viewed. You don't import text into a PDF. Can you explain again what you're trying to do?

4. flowrider macrumors 603

flowrider

^^^^Sure PDF files can be viewed, they can also be edited or created with the proper software. Hence my question.

Lou

5. chabig macrumors 603

But you don’t import text into a PDF. You create a document using an application and then you create a PDF from that document, on a Mac usually by printing to PDF. What app are you using to create your document?

6. baypharm thread starter macrumors 68000

baypharm

I download a file (a pharmacy application for example). I want to fill out the form by typing the text on each line. Does that make more sense?

7. chabig macrumors 603

Yes very. Sometimes the ability to fill out PDF forms seems to depend on how the firm was created. I assure that Preview can fill out forms in High Sierra. When I have trouble filling the fields, I often resort to just inserting text boxes on my own using the annotation tools. Have you tried that?

8. baypharm thread starter macrumors 68000

baypharm

No I have not. But I just did on your recommendation and it works very well. Thank you very much!!

9. chabig macrumors 603

I am very glad worked...happy to help!