How to install Win7 x64 on the 1st partition and Lion on the 2nd

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rollercoaster, Jan 8, 2012.

1. rollercoaster macrumors newbie

I want to install Windows 7 x64 on the first partition and OSX Lion on the second partition of my stock 17" MacBook Pro 2011 Model. (MC725)

The reason for the above is that the beginning of a disk is considerably faster then the end of a disk and since I use Windows OS a lot more then OSX Lion, it makes sense to move it to the fastest location on the disk.

I am new to MacBooks/OSX and the information on installing Windows in any other scheme then the one recommended by Apple is very conflicting.

I am technically proficient so I can follow all kinds of steps. I dont have a problem wiping the disk and starting from scratch. I dont have much time to spend researching or with trial and error as the MacBook in question is my mail work machine so I looking for methods that a few people have used successfully.

Any help is welcome. Thanks! :apple:

2. vivahaweddings macrumors newbie

Before beginning a new OS installation, it’s crucial that you back up your documents and media—after all, we recommend a clean install to minimize cruft and maximize performance. The safest, easiest way to do this is to buy a new hard disk and replace your old one. With speedy 1TB drives around $100, it’s never a bad time to upgrade your storage, and using a clean drive to install your OS means all your files are already backed up; just connect your old hard drive when you’re done and transfer over what you need.

3. rollercoaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for you input but my question still stands.. surely people have tried to do it..?