How to jailbreak/unlock iPhone 4 and remove all info before selling on eBay?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by calvin2376, Oct 9, 2011.

1. calvin2376 macrumors newbie

I currently have a jailbroken AT&T iPhone 4 on 4.3.1 that I want to sell on eBay. Before I do that I want to remove all my information, but I would prefer to sell it unlocked to get more for it. Restoring or "Erasing All Content" would remove my jailbreak - can I jailbreak it again after restore without activating it?

Can someone help walk me through the steps it takes to remove all my content but then jailbreak/unlock the phone prior to sale? I've jailbroken and unlocked phones before, but always while the phone is activated and with my SIM in it.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

unless you have preserved the baseband 1.59 from the early 4.0 and 4.01 days you can not unlock except the gevey sim. You really need to search rather then being lazy. Iclarified is a good site YouTube is another. Unless you like to share some of the money you are trying to make. ;)

----------

At least for me rushing in here to a jailbreak forum blindly asking for help. So you can make more money. Doesn't make me want to help you.

3. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yah I've got a jailbroken (but not unlocked) phone on 4.3.2. I think i'm just going to wipe the phone out, get rid of the jailbreak, and restore it to the most recent iOS5 version. I don't think having a JB phone on eBay adds much value so I'm just going to advertise it as having the most recent features, etc.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I have to agree with labman. You're too lazy to search and to post any helpful information. :rolleyes: