How to keep a poker face and where not to go to renew your wedding vows.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by niuniu, Oct 28, 2010.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Couple out in the Maldives renewing their wedding vows in some tacky ceremony. They get mocked badly by the young group performing the ceremony. Feel sorry for them, even though I think what they're doing is tacky in the first place, but that's a matter of taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3anLy3Hz9I

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11644328

Posted in PSRI to be on the safe side.

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Do you mean the couple renewing their vows is tacky in the first place? :confused:

3. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    The whole thing was tacky. Renewing vows in a setting consisting of a few plastic chairs, a cocktail and some young Muslims supposedly performing a ceremony in a religion they have no part in.

I suppose there are lots of tacky elements in that, choose your weapon. Or maybe I'm just not traveled enough to see the depth of culture they're engaging in.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Well, speaking just for myself, if I were to renew my vows with my wife, I would prefer to have a Christian clergyman rather than a Muslim clergyman, but then she and I are both Christians.

As far as the beach setting, plastic chairs, etc. I don't have a problem with that, really - combining a ceremony with a honeymoon (for a first marriage, renewal of vows, or whatever) isn't a bad idea, IMO.

In any event, what these guys did to the couple was over the line, and I would be outraged if I were them. I'm sure when they paid for this ceremony they didn't expect to be insulted or ridiculed by their hosts.

5. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Best way to practice your poker face is to focus on not making any facial expressions upon orgasm. It's a lot harder ;) than it sounds, and you need to be prepared for a chilly reception from your partner.

Oh, sorry, I should have read the thread first. I won't be going there for my vow renewal!

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

The witnesses were all thinking it...the officient is the only one who had the nerve to say it to the tourist rubes.

I kid.

7. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

They charge $1,300 (£820) for that lovely ceremony.