How to keep my same plan on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by turtlemh, Sep 9, 2012.

1. turtlemh macrumors member

Hello,

I would like to keep my same plan that I have on Verizon due to it being less expensive and having unlimited data. I was planing on buying the new iphone outright. If I do this do I just activate my new phone when I get it even though I am not technically available for an upgrade till 10/07/12?

Also does anyone know around how much this might cost me?

Thanks

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

The upgrade date is for subsidized phone pricing. You can purchase a phone for full cost and activate it on your line any time during your contract.

To keep unlimited data you have to buy the phone at full cost. You simply activate it on your line, and off you go! Only cost you'll incur is cost of the device.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Yes, you can do this. If the pricing scheme is the same, it will cost at least $650, depending on capacity you want.

4. turtlemh thread starter macrumors member

Thanks that helps a lot. These new plans are kinda dumb on Verizon. I figure I will keep this phone for a long time though so it will be worth it.

5. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

So, let me get this straight... When you upgrade with Verizon they make you switch to a new plan?

I've been with AT&T since before 2007 and upgraded iPhone reiterations each year. I've kept my unlimited data as well as my plan. That sucks that Verizon does this to you