Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenhoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Hi,
I have my Macbook Pro unibody hooked up to a 22 inch monitor which I run as my main screen, I would like to close my Mac Book Pro's lid since I have a keyboard and mouse hooked up to it and just run on my main screen but everytime I close the lid it goes into the sleep type mode and I don't know how to have it not do this. Thanks

Greenhoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Doesn't Work

Thanks, although I tried that and it doesn't work. Could it be my monitor? I'm using a 22 inch LG Monitor hooked up by DVI via Mini Display Port to DVI adapter.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Make sure the magsafe adapter is plugged in and powered. You will not be able to run in clamshell mode on the battery without hacks to the OS.

Greenhoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
I don't have it running on the battery, I have it plugged into the wall as I never run it off the battery since I don't go anywhere, but it still won't work. Thanks

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Do you have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard? If so you need to enable the bluetooth to wake the computer. I don't know exactly how, but I think it is in System Preferences somewhere.

Greenhoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Nope, I'm using the new apple wired keyboard and a logitech wired mouse.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Try restarting the computer and leave the lid closed during the entire boot process.

eron

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
1) Make sure display setting is set to "mirror", "clone".

2)Close the lid. (It should sleep).

3)Move mouse or external keyboard to wake it up from sleep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.