How to Label Addresses on Airport Extreme, Filter MAC addresses

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CaliLove310, Feb 6, 2010.

1. CaliLove310 macrumors newbie

I had a Netgear before switching over to my Airport Extreme. One of the features I liked is that it let me label each address that was connected to it, instead of having to memorize each IP address or MAC address. Is there a way to do this?

Also, is there a way to block out certain MAC addresses from connecting to the internet. I only found an option to block them at certain times of the day.

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

In Internet --> DHCP. Give all your devices an IP, associate them with their MAC Address. Or DHCP Client ID, which is configured on the Mac in Network --> Advanced --> TCP/IP.

Once complete, adjust you ending DHCP address to the last IP you gave. Or, what I do is last device +1, so that I can always configure a new device when I add it. You can also give them a name here. If you want real Mac filtering, see below.

What you found, the "Timed Access" Mac Address Control is MAC Address filtering. If you do not care to limit time, just give them all Unlimited.

There is an option there for "No Access." That would block a MAC Address.

*NOTE* This is based on Airport Utility 5.5 and the latest AEBS. Your options may differ.

Attached Files: