Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trj111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4S to an iPhone 5.

On my 4S, when I was listening to music through earbuds, Siri would semi-interrupt the music to announce: "You have a new message from: " and tell me who it was from.

I could then decide whether to read it or not.

Not sure what the settings were in the 4S, or whether it was just something about iOS5 that doesn't exist in iOS 6...but on my iPhone 5 Siri doesn't do that and I miss that feature.

I have to confess the 4S was jailbroke so maybe it was a jailbroke program?

shawnwich

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2007
Houston, TX

On my 4S, when I was listening to music through earbuds, Siri would semi-interrupt the music to announce: "You have a new message from: " and tell me who it was from.

Not sure what the settings were in the 4S, or whether it was just something about iOS5 that doesn't exist in iOS 6...but on my iPhone 5 Siri doesn't do that and I miss that feature.

it only does this when you start playing the music using siri

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

That would drive me nuts personally, but I think it was a JB tweak, not aware of that functionality on stock.

trj111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
Well it was perfect for while I was running because I would know if it was something I needed to read while I was out or could just ignore it until I was done...

Bummed that it was apparently related to a JB program because I'm fearing it will be a long wait for an iPhone 5 JB.

----------

It looks like it was "Mail Enhancer Pro"...which you can only get through Cydia.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
if it was in the lock screen siri will tell you all your latest notifications including e-mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.