Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

how to make movies off of screen video

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2005
Sorry if this has already been answered (link?) but I was just curious how can I make a movie based on whats going on on my screen? Kind of like the movies they use on apple.com to show users the new OS X features. I want to make a couple tutorials just for fun, basically, and to help myself show my friends about the new things I learn to do (do I really need a reason? lol). I have QuickTime Pro if that matters. :)

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Dude, your username really bugs me. How did you get away with it?

But whatever, Im not gonna thread crap.

google 'snapz pro x'

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Here you go. You have to pay for Snapz proX though. I don't know if there is any way of doing that for free.

Edit: beaten to it. And your user name bugs me too. I wonder if the mods will ban you because of it.

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2005
lol honestly, I didn't think I was breaking any rules with the username.

*cue ranting about User Agreement, yada yada* So mods, please don't ban me. I'm more than willing to change the username if it bugs everyone, lol.

Thanks guys, I'll look into getting snapz pro x. :)

mianfraz

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
the good thing with the new mac is that the quicktime that comes with it has a built-in function for screen recording :)

Nov 28, 2010
located
the good thing with the new mac is that the quicktime that comes with it has a built-in function for screen recording :)

Here we go again:

Did you just register to write the above to a five year old thread? Or are you thread resurrectors getting a kick out of replies like these, were people are wandering in wonder why something like this happens?
Or was it a failed attempt to spam?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.