Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
I have installed vista using boot camp. I barely use it but I do use it for gaming. The initial size I put down is too small and only leaves me around 3 gigs to play with. I would like to add another 10 gigs to the partition that Vista is on.

Is this possible without having to reinstall and deleting the old partition?

Thanks

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
As I believe it you would have to start from scratch with Boot Camp to get the partition size larger, open to correction if that is untrue though.

As a guide I saw an idea on the internet to give the percentage of your harddrive space by the amount of time you will be using that partition, so if your on Windows half the time and OSX the other half you would partition it 50 / 50. Not so sure about that theory but I suppose it could give a better idea.

You will have to take into account as well that if its gaming your just going to need more space!!! Some games are just massive!!!

Hope that helps, sorry if Im the bearer of bad news!!!

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
yeah that helps. The only reason I use it is for gaming so I just want to make sure I have a few more gigs of space.

Thanks for the help, looks like I might have to reinstall :(

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
Use Vista's built-in backup utility to an external drive. Undo the partitions using boot camp, put it in Vista install dvd, rebuild from previous backup and voila. Time saved. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.