Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wngiii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
I've searched and can't seem to find an answer so if it's already been asked, i apologize.

I have two libraries on my work computer. One is personal (5K songs) and the other is for work (60k songs). I switch between the two libraries (holding shift while opening) based on what I am doing, but I would like to run iTunes Match on my personal library and NOT the work library since it would throttle me over the limit of 25k songs.

If I subscribe to iTunes Match on my work computer will it try and match BOTH libraries as I switch between them or can i only specify one library to match.

While I "could" do this on my home computer there are many reason I prefer not to. (computer speed, internet connection, audio software is sub par at home)

Thanks for help in this!

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Unfortunately, it's based on your Apple ID and your associated computer(s), not which library you use. Yours is a user scenario Apple likely did not plan for, and probably doesn't come up much at the help desk.

wngiii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
So if that is the case I guess I could theoretically sign in on itunes with my apple id, do the match, sign out and never sign back in. Or just suck it up and do it at home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.