How to not sync Faces to my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3bs, Dec 25, 2011.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

On iTunes 10.5.2 in the Photos section of my iPhone 4S (5.0.1) I have the second box marked which is Selected albums etc and I haven't marked any of the boxes in the Faces section yet it syncs all of them. Is this a bug?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It is not a bug. If there is a named face in any of the synced photos, iOS will create a Face album for it in the Photos app. Checking a person's face in the iTunes photos tab will sync all of their named faces, even if they are not in any synced album.

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Oh ok thank you. I guess I'll go delete the "faces" from iPhoto since it seems like the only solution.

While we're on the topic. I think it really sucks that if I create an album in my iPhone and add photos from the camera roll to it, those photos have to stay in the camera roll. Doesn't make any sense to me. And Also not being able to delete photos from the albums you import from iPhoto also doesn't make sense.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iOS and iPhoto currently don't use the same photo storage and organization system. Currently, iTunes has to translate the iPhoto system for use on iOS. Apple's solution seems to be iCloud's Photostream. Hopefully, with either a new version of iPhoto or iOS, the two will use a more compatible photo storage and organisation method.

5. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

But Photostream is just one album isn't it. We can't create folders within it. I'm currently not using it anyway since you can't delete photos but I'll probably start using it when they release the new update which allows us to do so

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Photostream is still in its first public revision. We'll probably see many changes to it over the coming years.