Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I uploaded a video into the Drive on my Mac last night but can't find any way to open it with my iPhone. I can go to Settings->iCloud and see that it's there, but when I go to the Videos app it's not there. I do have Videos set to show everything stored in iCloud. How do I actually open my video files?

sviato

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
You need to use a 3rd party app that can access iCloud Drive and play videos (e.g. Goodreader).

Really? You would think that native apps would work with Apple's own storage service :confused: I was planning on buying more storage but at the moment it looks like iCloud Drive has been a piss poor implementation

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Really? You would think that native apps would work with Apple's own storage service :confused: I was planning on buying more storage but at the moment it looks like iCloud Drive has been a piss poor implementation
The native video app can only play content from the cloud that you purchased from iTunes ("iTunes in the Cloud"). For stuff you upload yourself, you have to find your own solution. Try Goodreader or Documents 5 (the latter is free). You have to download the videos though, i.e. no streaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.