How to organize apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trinity82, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Trinity82 macrumors member

My iPhone is a mess with apps everywhere. How do you all organize your apps? I tried putting them in alphabetical order but that takes forever. Know of any apps that help organize?

2. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Well I'm jailbroken so I use activator menus. Swipe from left of home screen for apps and right from home screen for games. Then I alphabetize the menus.

Before I was jailbroken I had them all alphabetized as well on the springboard.

3. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I group Apps according to their function. For example, my Weather apps are all in the same folder, my Shopping apps are all in the same folder, my Communication apps are all in the same folder, etc. I never have more than three folders per page so I can see my wallpaper and it feels organized.

There is no 'right or wrong' on this, but it is comfortable and clear for me- just my personal strategy.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Can you tell me how you bring up the menu instead of the icons that come up? This is my first iPhone (4S) had no idea it had a menu option. Mine is not jailbroken. Thanks.

5. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately a stock iPhone does not have menus, can only do it if you're jailbroken.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Thanks. I thought, maybe, I may have missed the menu option.

7. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Hide all the useless stock ones you don't use. And also calculator, settings, notes. And just swipe left and search to use them. I like this. JB with activator helps immensely as well

8. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Place your apps into folders according to what they generally serve you for.

I have FB, Whatsapp, Digg, G+ Twitter in folder named Social.
    Podcasts, iTunes, Shazam, Imdb app and BBC iPlacer under Entertainment.
    Maps, and Google Earth under Travel.
    Google Currents, Weather, Mobile RSS, Stocks and Wikipedia app under News & Info.
    All my game apps are under (not surprisingly) Games.
    I also have all unneeded by me apps like the YouTube app or Safari (I use Google Chrome) disabled under Settings > Restrictions or placed under folder named Other on the second slide of my iPhone Home screen.

Hope I was able to provide some inspiration :)

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If you're faster with a mouse, you could do it on your Mac/PC in iTunes instead of dragging around on your phone all day.

10. R1PPER macrumors 6502

One feature i wish i could change the background on each page....so utilites have a blue background, games are red etc.