How to Overclock the 6750M

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMackPro, Apr 25, 2011.

1. iMackPro macrumors 6502

I saw a recent post about OC and comparing this to the 330m but apparently the 6750M wasn't over clocked by vary much at all. Right now im playing the Original Portal on steam and within the week (when i get money) I'll be purchasing portal 2. I want to know how to overclock my 6750M.

Also, how long can you run the 6750M overclocked without damaging the unit? If i can keep it overclocked for more than 4 hours at a time i wouldn't want to do it, also, how easy is it to over clock?

Lastly, the main reason im doing this is of course to play in the best settings possible, but also because when i play in the best settings i cant run a movie or facetiem in the background as well, this should fix this right?

can someone link me to how to overclock this and how long can it run? can i keep it overclocked 24/7 if i don't push it all the time?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

so you have to be in windows to perform this? im not running windows on my mac:(

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Indeed. There is no way to overclock the GPU in any mac unless you're on windows.

5. noogin macrumors newbie

Yup, no way to OC in OSX

Windows 7 is way better for gaming anyways