Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

holmesy76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Melbourne
Can you please help me to find out if I can place several apps into one place on the dock that is not a folder on the right hand side/over the separator line? I want to place all my Adobe apps in one place on the left of the dock but have them all in one contained icon - is this possible does anyone know? Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I want to place all my Adobe apps in one place on the left of the dock but have them all in one contained icon - is this possible does anyone know? Thanks
If you want them in a folder, it must go on the right side of the line. Only individual apps go on the left side.

holmesy76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Melbourne
Wow that was quick response - OK sorry not a folder, but in one icon, which has a fly away menu or something containing all the icons within that?

thegilly

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
How would you feel about something like Overflow from Stunt Software? You can bung as many icons for apps and documents in that as you like, and it's accessible by mouse or keyboard. Costs, though. I use it less than I used to, because Spotlight on my current machine (MBP 15", new last month) is much more responsive than on the old iBook I bought Overflow for, so I can use that to launch apps, but Overflow still does get used and it might suit you.

holmesy76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Melbourne
How would you feel about something like Overflow from Stunt Software?

Thanks - I'll check out that software and see if it's suitable

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
Wow that was quick response - OK sorry not a folder, but in one icon, which has a fly away menu or something containing all the icons within that?

So my understanding is you want a stack (b/c that's what a stack is) on the left side of the dock. Sorry to say, but that's not possible.

EDIT: Overflow seems like a viable option, so nvm what I said. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.