How to prepare my iPad 2 to give to my g/f

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MoodyM, Mar 16, 2012.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I just got the new iPad, and am giving my iPad 2 to my girlfriend. It's jailbroken on 5.0.1 and I don't want to lose the jailbreak.

I plugged it into my MBP and unticked "Sync Apps", "Sync Music", etc etc to try and remove all my stuff, but the music and photos are still on there. I plugged it into my g/f's MB, and chose "Erase and Sync" but it seems like it's trying to ADD her stuff to mine, rather than remove my stuff.

Obviously I can't use "Erase all content and settings" because it's jailbroken and that option doesn't work. And I obviously can't just do a restore firmware, cos Apple stopped signing 5.0.1 and I'd have to upgrade to 5.1 and therefore lose the jailbreak.

Any other options?

2. ClarkWGrizwald macrumors member

3. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Funnily enough thats exactly what I am going to do. I have an iPad2 which I was going to give to her, she's stuck with my old iPad 1. There's not a super difference between the 2 and 3 so I'm going to let her have the 3 :) She doesn't know yet either :p

I'll jump in the 4th gen iPad :)

4. M87 macrumors 65816

Just forget about the jailbreak crap. Erase all content and settings.

5. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

6. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Whatever you do, make sure you remove all your ex-gf pr0n off of there first!

Seriously, the fastest way to wipe an iPad is just go into General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Takes it back to out-of-the-box condition, totally wiped of everything and ready for new owner. Sure you'll lose the jailbreak but this is your girlfriend and don't you want to show her you are an honorable guy?

Also fun to do to frienemies.

7. eurobum macrumors member

Just delete Safari history and remove all nudy pics from other girls, and you're good to go.

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Just update it to 5.1 and skip the jailbreak unless she's a pirate.

9. joshc9 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's very nice of you but no difference between the 2 and the 3?! Yeah right!

10. rebelw/acause macrumors member

rebelw/acause

+1. I just did this same thing. We'll just have to wait for the 5.1 jailbreak together.

11. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Step 1. Give her a iPad.

Step 2. Receive a gift in return.

13. applefan022 macrumors 6502

1. Delete Safari browsing history
    2. Make sure you don't have any pics or videos:D

14. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

DO NOT ERASE ALL CONTENTS AND SETTINGS ON A JAILBROKEN DEVICE!!!

You will brick it and end up restoring.

15. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

I never said no difference. I said a huge difference, the display is probably the biggest thing, same CPU so for my browsing and email I won't see much difference, regardless of the retina display or extra GPU power. She plays games and like taking lots of photos with her 4S. I still have a 4 only so will wait until the iPhone 5 and 4th gen iPad. They will probably match better anyway :)

Beisdes I can afford to buy another if its THAT much better than the 2 :)