How to properly carry around/transport a MacBook?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dolomite360, Nov 30, 2009.

1. dolomite360 macrumors member

I was just wondering is there a proper way to carry around or transport a Mac Laptop? I've heard that carrying around while it's on could move or tilt the hard drive or something and could affect the computer. What do you recommend to do from bringing it from floor to floor at a house? Turn it off before I carry it? And I will be taking a coach bus for 4-6 hours soon and will the laptop be fine if I'm using it and it's on my lap the entire time? Like is it supposed to be on a flat surface as much as possible? If anyone could talk about what I just mentioned that would help me a lot. Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Carry it however you want and don't drop it. Carrying around a laptop isn't rocket science.

3. entwife macrumors regular

I had this issue a few years ago and couldn't find a solution, so I ended up buying a desktop.

;.)

actually, why not hire a man servant to carry it?

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Sleep it if you want to move it around. It will be fine to use on your lap on a bus.

5. chill. macrumors 6502

when i travel i like to hold my macbook with both hands hyperextended at a 90 degree angle in front of me. i refrain from letting it touch any surface and when i have to use the bathroom i balance it on my head

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Your humor insults your personality.

7. hazedragon45 macrumors regular

wow i do the exact same thing too