How to put movies, pdf, images, etc to your ipod touch gen2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freeme007, Dec 10, 2008.

1. freeme007 macrumors regular

Hi

Does anyone know how to put movies, PDF, Pictures to iPod Touch 2gen?
    Whats the format that movie has to be in ?

2. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

Movies would have to be in MP4 format. I am not sure however if they are playable on other formats. I'm guessing syncing your iPod Touch with your pictures folder like you would on a normal iPod would solve your Picture issues.
    Also you may need a coder to code films into iPod format (http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/)

3. freeme007 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks alot! The thread has been solved! Why can there be a function on the thread when the thread has been solved.

4. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure you CAN put pdf's into any iPod Touch... you can view downloaded ones though.

5. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

As for PDFs maybe you can email them to yourself? I don't get why Apple doesn't just make these things easier. You can download/view PDFs but you cant upload them from your computer. :confused:

6. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

You can store and view all kinds of files on your Touch, including movies (MP4), PDF, Word, Excel, iWork, PowerPoint (and many more), using the Air Sharing app. With your Touch connected to your network (via wi-fi) and the Air Sharing app running, your Touch behaves just like a network drive. You can create folders and drag and drop files just like any other drive. You can also use the Air Sharing app to view any of the file types (as listed above) on the Touch itself. Non-supported file types can be stored, but not viewed.

7. freeme007 thread starter macrumors regular

Air sharing is not FREE! I want to be able to view the files without Wi-Fi. Anyway, I just uploaded The Dark Knight! OMFG! It's pimping!

8. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

lol because the iPod Touch is a muti media device, not a palm pilot :p
    If you ask me I would watch that movie on a big screen, or anything bigger then an ipod touch lol. First if all 75% of the movie is in the dark, second its like 2.5 hours long lol

9. freeme007 thread starter macrumors regular

I would love to watch it on TV, but I dont have an HDTV and I don't have a DVD player or Blue Ray player. My desktop monitor is 17 inch wide.

10. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

You're right, it's not free, but it's not that expensive either. And, you CAN view the files away from wi-fi -- you only need the wi-fi to upload the files to the device from your computer (though maybe that's what you mean). Once they're on you're Touch you can view them whenever you want, natively on the device. You should check it out -- I think it might do what you're looking for.

11. SteveSimpkin macrumors newbie

12. bbrosen macrumors newbie

PDF files

I store all my tech manuals in pdf format on my ipod touch, most are very large 2100 pages large with diagrams etc etc, I have about 22 manuals stored and its very handy for off line viewing of the files stored on your ipod. I use the App mobile studio as it has a fast scroll button and really good memory management for very large pdf files, its worth the money for pdf usage alone as well as other files such as video and photos..I highly recommend it.

13. tweeze27 macrumors newbie

c/s

14. devburke Guest

I got Air Sharing when it was free, and it's fantastic. I believe there are free alternatives too. You don't need to be on wifi to use it, you just use wifi to put files onto it. You can organize them into folders and everything, just like on your computer. I use it all the time.

15. cj0256 macrumors newbie

video question

Question: I have converted some movies into MPEG-4 using Videora and they are in my movies library on itunes but they will not go onto my itouch when I sync it. Does anyone know why this is happening? Movies do go into the video folder in the itouch right?

16. devburke Guest

Yeah, any videos you put on your iPod through iTunes should be under Videos, just like any music is under Music.

Some things to consider (some of these might seem dumb, but bear with me):

Do you have enough space for them on your iPod?

You said in iTunes, so I'm pretty sure you got this right, but just to double-check...they're not in your Movies folder in Finder, but when you click Movies under sources in iTunes, that's where they are? That's where they should be to go onto your iPod.

So my next question is this: when you sync, do you get an error message saying they can't be synched, or do they simply not sync to the iPod?

Next, when your iPod is plugged into your computer and you select it in iTunes, is the "Sync movies" box under the "Movies" tab checked? And if so, is it set up to sync all or any specific movies?

If you got all that right and it's not working, I'm guessing the videos aren't formatted right for it. iPods can play mp4s, but there are limits (such as resolution). I don't use Videora, so I don't know whether it automatically converts to an iPod-friendly file or not. If this didn't help you, hopefully someone who knows more on here can.

Good luck! :)