How to put pictures to music album

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Do I make you, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Do I make you macrumors member

I took music off of limewire and when I turn my phone sideways it has the albums but they are all just blank how can I assign pictures to those items.

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

if they are tagged properly, iTunes can fetch the album art.

highlight them and select "get album artwork" under the advanced menu

3. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

the previous one doesnt always work if you have a pic u want as your thing. click the artwork icon in the bottom left (its a box with a triangle in it), so it shows the artwork pane. select the song you want to add artwork to, make sure the artwork pane says selected song at the top. If it doesnt simply click the top of it to change it. then drag your picture into the artwork pane, and it will be the artwork for that file.

4. pazreal macrumors regular

If it's rarer stuff you can google image search the cover or pull it from Amazon. I occasionally have to do this for stuff which Itunes does not carry.

5. Do I make you thread starter macrumors member

I got most of the artwork Thanks. But now most of my songs have an exclamation right by the song and it says cannot locate file is there anyway that I can locate all of the files at once

6. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

nope, one by one

7. Do I make you thread starter macrumors member

What if I click on the consolidate libray what will happen. wouldint it put on the songs from my limewire library onto itunes

8. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

im not really sure. do you have itunes set to copy music to library when adding them?

9. Do I make you thread starter macrumors member

yeah when limewire finishes downloading the song it goes straight to itunes and my limewire library

10. Do I make you thread starter macrumors member

11. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Before I got my iPhone I made sure my entire music library was up to snuff with album art and correct tags. I found a nice program called "FixTunes" that was able to take care of 98% of all my music. It's not free, but it works well.

http://www.fixtunes.com/

12. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

I used fixtunes but it borked the tags, putting in multiple entries into the various fields.
    On the plus side it did find a lot of artwork, so I used Mp3tag to clean up the tags afterwards
    Great place to find good quality artwork (especially for rarer albums) is http://www.discogs.com/