How to receive AppleCare service on Airport

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macizcool, Jun 25, 2013.

1. macizcool macrumors member

Hi all,

I have AppleCare coverage on both my Mac Mini and MacBook Pro. According to the terms, it covers Airport devices purchased within two years of the computer purchase date. But there doesn't seem to be a way to actually register the devices with AppleCare. I have 3 Airport base stations, all purchased from different outlets, which were not the Apple Store. My Extreme is acting up. How do I get service on the device? Do I need a receipt? It seems like the stores are pretty easy going about these things, but I want to be prepared because my nearest Apple store is a little bit of a drive and requires an appointment.

2. darster Suspended

Apple doesn't offer apple care for the time capsule, just the standard one year warranty. Give Apple a call or return to store you bought it from.

3. macizcool thread starter macrumors member

There is no Airport AppleCare product, correct, but it is covered by AppleCare for Macs.

From Apple's website:

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I brought mine in for replacement. They "attached" it too one of my Macs AC.

/Jim

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Since you didn't buy the AirPorts from Apple, it's a good idea to have your receipts to validate purchase date. Your AirPorts are covered under your Mac Mini and/or Macbook Pro AppleCare plan as long as the AirPorts were purchased no earlier than two years prior to one of those machines.

6. macizcool thread starter macrumors member

Did you bring documentation?

7. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Just gave them my Apple ID. Everything was purchased from the Apple Store.

/Jim

8. macizcool thread starter macrumors member

Aaah, ok. I may have to find my receipts.... :confused: