How to recover music from iPod after hard drive failure?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ReflexReact, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

I am in turmoil!

My Windows based hard drive fried today ... I was so upset I decided to go out and buy a Mac .. well, i'm waiting for it to be delivered anyway.

I have another Windows 7 machine, running iTunes 10, however it doesn't have my music on it. The fried hard drive contained it all :(

I really want to get my music off of my iPhone - i've looked on the internet and come across a few apps that'll do it, but they want loads of money.

There must be a free way / application that'll take my music off my iPhone?!

PLEASE HELP!

2. jason221 macrumors 6502

All of the apps that I have seen for getting songs off of your phone/iPod are paid. I recommend iRip. They do allow 100 tracks (song, tv episode, or movie counts as 1 track) to be ripped to your computer before you need to pay to register a license.

You can find torrents of those paid applications if you so choose, not that I condone it.

3. ReflexReact thread starter macrumors 6502

Incorrect. I just found SharePod which is free :) Enjoy!

4. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

If it just had a couple corrupted sectors or something you could try a live linux distro to access the HDD. Good excuse to buy a Mac though, a $50 HDD would have fixed your computer problem lol.

5. richardhunt macrumors regular

Good excuse to buy a Mac, but like the other poster says, $50 would have fixed your problem AND Macs also suffer from hardware failures so buying a Mac does not eliminate the hard drive failure, I wish it did, but it doesn't. You can buy an SSD, but it too also has a limited life. So get used to doing backups so you don't have to go through the stress of data recovery. Now that you have a Mac, get a time capsule and have it done autoMACtically. :D

6. SL4VE macrumors 6502

7. jason221 macrumors 6502

Technically, I'm still correct, since I said the ones that I have seen were paid apps. But congratulations on the find. ;)