How to Remove Someone Using Your iTunes Account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ohjess, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ohjess macrumors newbie

Hopefully someone can help me out! My boyfriend and I have recently spilt up, and he was using my iTunes account on his iPhone to download apps because he didn't have a credit card. He is still using it, and I can tell because I can see all the apps he downloads because they are downloaded on my phone. How would I go about disabling him from using my iTunes account? And also, I had a little panic attack when I heard people who share iTunes accounts, one person can see the others iMessages. Is this true as well? Thanks for your help. :)

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Changing your apple id password will be the only way.

4. ohjess thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! Do you know if the rumour is true that my iMessages can be seen?

5. babens macrumors member

That would depend on which account is logged in as your icloud/imessages account. If it is different from the account you used for itunes then you should be fine, but again, it all depends on which account is logged in where. However changing your password, as others have told you, will force him to log out if he is using that account on his phone for iCloud/imessages.

So basically change all of your passwords if you are unsure of what is logged in where.

6. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

And do it before he does.

Regards,
    Tom

7. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

YEA, this for SURE... Hopefully it wasn't a bad break up... Was he buying apps? or getting free ones? If they weren't purchased apps and such, I assume things ended on okay terms.

If I split with my girlfriend, I would have to change A LOT of passwords, she would have to as well actually. We share so much of our digital stuff.