How to remove unauthorized content

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greganpace, Feb 29, 2012.

1. greganpace macrumors regular

I recently restored a phone from an iCloud back up, and since then, I have one music album on my phone that isn't authorized. It is an apple ID I don't even know. Anyway, I figured when I synced to my computer, copied the same album to the phone (it is on my computer) again, it would be fine. But it just made a copy of the album.
    So the album isn't selectable, with gray text, and doesn't show up as being on my phone when I connect it to iTunes. I can't swipe to delete it on the phone, and I can't think of any other way to delete it.

While we're at it, I also can't two of my ringtones to show up on the phone either. They are ones I created using iTunes, just a second long each for text/VM tones. They seemingly transfer fine from iTunes, show up on my wife's phone, and the other 15 I have on mine work, but these ones aren't available to select on the sounds page.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Go to Settings>General>Usage and wait for your app selection to load. Then select Music. Then select Edit. Then tap the red/white dash next to Music and select delete. Resync your music.

Problem solved.

3. greganpace thread starter macrumors regular

It deleted everything except that one album. Still there is gray letters.

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

5. greganpace thread starter macrumors regular

Music is now gone, but it still asked me for the apple ID. Is there any way to find which app or other thing might be associated with that ID?