How to restore 4.3.3 firmware or solve the problem i have with Photobooth, Camera...?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by ice2melt, Aug 27, 2011.

1. ice2melt macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

I am reposting the thread in this, maybe more appropriate, subforum.

I bought iPad 2 (Wifi+3G) with 4.3.3 firmware installed, i made the jailbreak through jailbreakme.com . Then i decided to remove the volume limitations to boost the volume. I found a guide, where it was written that the file /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/RegionalVolumeLimits.plist has to be deleted or modified. I modified its name to RegionalVolumeLimits.plist.no (i was doing all of this with headphones plugged in, not the native ipad/apple headphones, and i was doing these changes in iFile app). Then i rebooted my iPad. And here came the problems, unfortunately... Now Photobooth is not working, Camera is not working, MxTube quits when trying to watch a video, Safari quits when trying to watch a video, Buzz Player quits when trying to watch a video. Such problems. So i decided to rename again the file i modified, but after restoring the file nothing happened, my iPad remained with these problems...
    I'd be very glad if you could help me FIX my iPad! THANX!!!

I thought about restoring my firmware, but i don't know if i can restore 4.3.3 or not (i don't have SHSH for 4.3.3). From what i've read it's impossible or near to that. Anyway, i'd like to have again the possbility to jailbreak after the restore process.

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

You can't restore and keep your JB. Did you make backups or try to undo what you changed?

3. ice2melt thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, i have the backups, that's not a problem. For me it would be good to have the possibility to jailbreak again after restore. But for now it's impossible as i understand...

Or otherwise try to solve the problem from within, maybe adjusting something. I tried to rename the file again, return to the original state, but the problems remained.